The Other Big Lie (Hint: It’s the Economy)
Please feel free to share these articles with your friends and connections, through e-mail, social media networks, your website, and any newsletters you may be writing. The purpose of these Fakchex articles is to bring this information to the attention of people so that they are informed voters. Sample social media posts are included below.
The business community has long supported the Republican party as the champions of a strong economy. But, surprise – the facts don’t support this deeply held belief:
- Job growth has been more than double under Democratic administrations, versus Republican ones, since World War II.
- Unemployment has been 15% higher under Republican presidents than Democrats, since 1962.
- The Gross Domestic Product has grown 75% more under Democrats than Republicans since 1962.
- During this same period, growth in business investment has been 126% higher under Democrats than Republicans.
Democrats are roundly criticized and viewed by many as profligate spenders that want to take American’s hard-earned tax dollars and give them away, usually to an “undeserving” poor. However, Democrats are actually more frugal and better stewards of our money:
- Since 1962, federal spending levels have grown twice as quickly overall under Republicans versus Democrats.
- Budget deficits for the federal government have been 54 percent higher under Republican administrations than under Democratic ones. Represented as a percentage of the Gross Domestic Product, the deficit is 65% higher under Republicans.
- Ten of the last eleven recessions in the U.S. have begun during Republican administrations.
As a track record for a group that is supposed to be good at business, this is an abysmal performance: lower profits, lower productivity, higher debt. We all – including businesses – benefit more from the financial policies and fiscal administration under a Democratic regime.
It’s time to re-think these old stereotypes and replace them with reality.
Suggested Twitter post: If Republicans are the party of #jobs and economic prosperity, why does the American #economy perform better under Democratic administrations? https://bit.ly/3JRMDxl
Another Twitter post: Find out about the other #Big Lie – It’s the #economy, and what really works for America. https://bit.ly/3JRMDxl
Facebook post: It’s widely believedunder that the Republicans are the party of sound economic policy. Surprise The numbers paint a different picture. From job growth to business investment to Federal deficits, the economy performs better on average under Democratic administrations. #economy, #facts https://bit.ly/3JRMDxl